Laughing Gas will not kill in small quantities but an overdose is lethal, there should be warning on products about this danger, and controls like Glue

Saturday, Oct 20, 2012
The New Paper

By Tanya Augustine & Nathaniel Hong

Death from inhaling nitrous oxide
IN SEVERAL parts of the world, like Britain, nitrous oxide is a popular party substance which teens like to abuse.

September 2012
In Britain, a 17-year-old student died after inhaling nitrous oxide. He suffered a heart attack and brain damage. The North London student had inhaled the substance at his friend’s house a month before.
May 2011
An 18-year-old from Phoenix, US, collapsed at a party after inhaling nitrous oxide. Phoenix police said that she may have inhaled about 130g of the gas before she died.
September 2008
A 19-year-old was found dead in his fraternity house.
A student from the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, he had died from asphyxia after inhaling nitrous oxide.
Numerous small canisters were found near his body. He had been missing for eight days before being found by another student in the fraternity storeroom.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s