Are you prepared for the Holiday season?
In Singapore, an average 3 to 4 families out of 10 will travel overseas during this period until CNY, where there will be as many as five times overseas tourists will come to Singapore. Isn’t it time to loosen your immigration policies for social visit passes? As such, as you fill in the blanks, are you ready to plan the logistics and promotions to target the right customers to increase your sales? You need to ask these questions :
1) What is the top 5 visitors to Singapore in terms of percentage breakdown and countries? Then in numbers?
2) When they come to Singapore, where will they visit?
3) They will definitely need to eat and drink, what will be the hotels and restuarants they will patronise? What is the Food and Beverage sales that will be likely generated during this period?
4) Every logistics will be affected, from airlines, airport, transport, where you need to plan your capacity and manpower to handle the demand. Temporary holiday jobs is the best way to handle your manpower needs.
5) If you are able to match demand and supply, you would have already maximised your sales, Shopping is a great attraction for many travellers, and retailers will be laughing to the bank if you plan your promotion right. Are you game enough?
6) Based on historical data you will lose 4 out of 10 Singaporeans but increase 5 times more for visitors. As such your old customers will only left 6 out of 10 Singaporeans. What must you do to attract the new customers you want? If you can target the right customers you would have already capitalised on demand, increasing your ROI from your baseline.
7) This trend happens all over the world and if everybody can take advantage of it, you will generate great income, because everyone will be travelling around the world and the sales generated will give the world economy a boost.
– Contributed by Oogle.