Why the government is playing a dangerous game with populationdemographics
1) HDB ethic quota. In the past, religion ethic quota ensures that there is a good distribution of different ethic groups in each block of flats but now have changed.
2) Type of flats in HDB estates. HDB is building more and more bigger flats in new towns and it is the affordability issue for purchasers, setting the stage for separation between the haves and haves not.
3) Do you think HDB is having double standards? Yes, because of the above issue, and the situation will only get worse.
4) The reason why HDB flat prices will not fall. Please check my previous posts on “Failed PAP policies”.
5) Future generations of Haves and Haves-not. Because of inequality in income distribution, there will be areas of those who are classified as “haves” and those who “haves-not”, and will create social tension in the society of Singapore, causing social unrest.
6) HDB should be building new 3/2 rms flats to cater to the low income and singles again but are they doing that? And these flats should be heavily subsidised to give the poor a chance to upgrade themselves since they talk so much about wealth creation.
7) 6.9 million people by 2030. Without solving all the problems of immigration, foreigners and Singaporean’s salary, transport, housing, healthcare and old age, the government is creating a big mess for the next generation of leaders to clean up, and there will never be a solution, because by then there will be no money left.
8) One of PAP greatest mistake is promising people to build the mrt within 200 metres of your home, you need all types of transport to fulfill different needs, and trying to achieve that is near impossible unless you want to throw away S$100 billion like throwing S$18 billion on Thomson Line, they think the COE income is forever, and they will lose all Singaporean’s money.
– Contributed by Oogle.