How I will ensure Hospital costs will stabilize and will not increase un-necessarily
1) List all hospitality assests thru a Hospitality REITs. This will help raise enormous funds to innovate the technologies of hospitals and train all manpower for the 22nd Century.
2) Use IT extensively for record keeping and new devices to help monitor all patients. I can create great economies of scale, where even retirement homes and other care organisations can easily be looked after using decentralised videomedicine. The present system strain the resources of the hospitals and cause long waiting time, the hospital should only be utilised for emergency cases or when lab testing is required, all other cases should go to clinics, where even 24 hour private clinics can reduce the strain of the A & E department.
3) Separate the business of providing care from the business of selling medication, and maximise ROI in return so that pharmacies could expand to give better products and services to patients.
4) Use insurance to cover the risks of patients who need very expensive healthcare, with the pooling of resources, old age problems and a greying nation can also be cost effective.
5) Provide IVF for couples who cannot have children naturally, we now have the technology to ensure you have offsprings for the next generation, and be cost effective at the same time.
6) Cutting edge research into diseases and medicines with pharmaceutical companies can easily raise funds for hospitals and clinics as they increase their knowledge base.
7) I can also setup a Fund for those who buy insurance policies for health risks but may not qualify for certain reasons and need surgery or expensive medicine, they can draw on the Fund and pay for example 50% of the costs over a period of months and the balance will be covered by Insurers and the government thru the pooling of a huge numbers of policy holders, and still be profitable. This way, those who falls out of the system may not be un-necessary penalised and still have their needs covered. This can only be done if the person has an existing policy.
– Contributed by Oogle.